The Malta Independent 23 October 2014, Thursday

Road work done in 60 days – Minister Mizzi

Malta Independent Thursday, 4 July 2013, 15:43 Last update: about 7 months ago

Transport and Infrastructure Minister Joe Mizzi yesterday announced the completion of works in Triq San Lawrenz, Vittoriosa, saying that what had been promised repeatedly over the last eight years had been completed by the new government in 60 days.

The works eliminate the inconveniences many residents had been suffering, he said.

The intended road works had been raised in parliament repeatedly. In 2005 the House of Representatives was told it would not be long before the work started, in 2006 it was announced that the tender had been issued and was being considered, in 2007 it was promised that the road would be included in that year’s programme, in 2009 it was said that the Transport Authority had completed the services, and in 2010 that arrangements were being made for the work to start. It never did.

Then Minister Jesmond Mugliett had told parliament in 2005 that paving of the road was going to start and a year later he said it was intended to complete the works in 2006.

The road is about 2,000 metres long. Mr Mizzi said that in the past 100 days, infrastructural works had been done on at least 30 residential streets.

 
  • don't miss