The Malta Independent 25 May 2019, Saturday

Maltese authorities 'clear company' Exante of all charges

Friday, 16 October 2015, 10:31 Last update: about 5 years ago

All criminal and civil allegations brought against Exante and its directors on the island have been dropped by the Maltese Attorney General and local government bodies, the company said in a statement.

The money laundering allegations which Exante rigorously defended from the outset eventually led to the temporary freezing of Exante’s accounts. Due to the recent decision all their accounts on the island are now fully operational as the company seeks to recover from what they considered sensationalized allegations.

"We were sure from the outset we would be cleared of all wrong doing,” stated Patrick J O Brien, Exante’s communication director. “We have been very transparent with the MFSA, our regulatory body, and were able to provide all documentation to all parties which proved the companies innocence on these matters”

Exante said it firmly believed that a lack of understanding on its business model were the main reason for the initial allegations and are still shocked and dismayed that no communication had been made with the company before the allegations became headline news.

“We would like now to continue doing, what we do best and are so thankful for the support both from our clients, local businesses and of course our staff,” Mr O’ Brien said.

  • don't miss