The Malta Independent 26 May 2019, Sunday

No evidence to support allegations of irregularities at MCAST, inquiry board concludes

Thursday, 18 April 2019, 17:17 Last update: about 2 months ago

No evidence was found to support allegations of irregularities at the Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology, the Education Ministry said.

The inquiry had started on allegations regarding administration and operations at MCAST made by a senior member of staff.

In a statement, the ministry said that it set up an inquiry board to investigate the allegations in July.

ADVERTISEMENT

The ministry said that in spite of the conclusions, the minister still recommended that the report was immediately handed over to the police.

It also passed on the report to the Mcast board of governors. The inquiry, the ministry said, highlighted a number of administrative and operational shortcomings at MCAST over the years and under different administrations.

The ministry requested MCAST to analyse the report and take the necessary action.

It concluded that since the report was passed on to the police for investigations, it had been legally advised not to publish it.

  • don't miss