The Malta Independent 25 February 2020, Tuesday

My political career is not over, Justyne Caruana says

Tuesday, 21 January 2020, 14:28 Last update: about 2 months ago

Former Gozo Minister Justyne Caruana said her political career is not over and she intends to contest the next election.

Writing on Facebook, Caruana thanked all the people who were expressing their solidarity with her in this “difficult moment”.

She said she was proud with the work she carried out which, as Prime Minister Robert Abela said, had been beneficial to many. The “results I obtained for Gozo were without precedent and will continue to be enjoyed for years,” she wrote.

Caruana said she is still 45 years old and believes she can still be of contribution to the country. “I will continue my work in Parliament and will contest the next election and increase the (Labour) majority in Gozo.”

Caruana resigned on Monday after media reported that her husband Silvio Valletta, a former deputy police commissioner, had travelled to watch a football game with Yorgen Fenech, who is accused with complicity in the murder of Daphne Caruana Galizia.

Caruana said that the events that led to her resignation were extraneous to her.

  • don't miss