The Malta Independent 15 August 2020, Saturday

Coronavirus: 21 new cases, no recoveries

Saturday, 1 August 2020, 12:34 Last update: about 14 days ago

Twenty-one new Corinavirus cases were registered on Friday, the health authorities said Saturday.

In a statement on the social media, the health authorities said that the majority of cases registered in the last 24 hours were contacts of previously reported cases, without giving indication as to whether they were related to the clusters of the Santa Venera feast or the Hotel Takeover party. Two of the new cases were imported.

The majority of cases were of people aged below 35, but one case is of a person who is 80 years old.

ADVERTISEMENT

Three of the cases were of migrants who were already in quarantine.

The number of swab taken on Friday was 1,748, for a total of 128,747.

In all, the number of cases is now 845, with nine deaths.

No new recoveries were registered on Friday. The total remains at 665, while 171 cases are active.

  • don't miss