The Malta Independent 23 August 2026, Sunday
View E-Paper

Court Acts lost again

Malta Independent Friday, 30 November 2007, 00:00 Last update: about 20 years ago

A transport company has filed a judicial protest in court against the Director General of the Law Courts over the acts to a case which have not been found, for the second time.

In the protest, Combinati Transport Services Limited said that they had instituted a case against Superfruits Limited before Mr Justice Carmel Farrugia Sacco – adding that the acts had been lost very early in the case. The case had to be made from scratch, but the complainant company was again informed that judgement could not be passed because the acts could not be found for a second time.

The complainants said that this was unacceptable and showed serious shortcomings in the administration of justice and said they were holding the Director General of the law courts responsible for any damages that may be incurred.

  • don't miss