One of the brothers who launched a deadly attack against French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo has been buried in an unmarked grave.
Said Kouachi was buried secretly late on Friday in the eastern city of Reims, where he had lived before the attack.
The mayor of Reims said he had opposed the burial, fearing a grave could become a shrine, but had been forced to accept it by law.
Attacks in Paris killed 17 people last week, 12 of them at Charlie Hebdo.
On 9 January, two days after attacking the magazine, Said Kouachi and his younger brother Cherif were killed by police at an industrial estate north of Paris.
Cherif Kouachi is expected to be buried in his hometown of Gennevilliers, outside Paris.
Earlier in the week, Reims mayor Arnaud Robinet said he would "categorically refuse" a family request for Said Kouachi to be buried in the city.
He said he did not want "a tomb that could become a shrine for people to gather around or a pilgrimage site for fanatics".
But on Saturday he said he had been forced by the government to accept the burial. "He was buried last night, in the most discreet, anonymous way possible," he told French TV.