The Malta Independent 18 January 2020, Saturday

As the power cuts continue, Labour continues to hide the facts – PN

Monday, 6 January 2020, 15:00 Last update: about 12 days ago

The population was promised the best of times but has been living through the worst of times, the Nationalist Party statement, with reference to the frequent power cuts.

The Opposition said that, although the New Year has begun, the population is still facing last year’s electricity problems. In the past few hours, more towns and villages had no electricity supply, the statement, signed by PN Deputy Leader David Agius, said.

ADVERTISEMENT

The PN said all information on why a number of Maltese localities – and, in some cases, the entire country -  experienced power cuts over the past few weeks should be published.

The party stressed that the people have a right to know the truth. People are also aware that the Marsasxlokk project – a symbol of corruption - failed altogether. “Deputy Prime Minister Chris Fearne should publish the facts and speak the truth,” the party said.

“It has been stated that the interconnector was damaged by a ship’s cable. With today’s advancements in technology, it should be easy to know which ship and at what time this accident took place. The population deserves to know whether Enemalta is insured for future accidents and if steps have been taken against the ship’s owners.”

  • don't miss