The Malta Independent 3 December 2021, Friday

€1.2 million refurbishment underway at playground just outside Mdina

Janet Fenech Monday, 18 October 2021, 11:26 Last update: about 3 months ago

Some €1.2 million will be spent on the refurbishment of the Rabat playground just outside Mdina, Minister of Transport, Infrastructure, and Capital Projects Ian Borg told the press on Monday.

The site has been closed to the public until the work is completed.

Borg said that there have been big advances in playing equipment and that the government can no longer leave this "inadequate" playground that is outdated.

ADVERTISEMENT

He noted that it was the Mdina local council that asked for this investment, which he said displays the civic sense of responsibility it has towards its residents in striving to offer a better quality of life to Maltese families.

Borg spoke about how the swings at these playgrounds where one of the most used around Malta and that therefore Maltese families should have a recreational space that they deserve.

He noted that his ministry had applied and received the necessary permits, tenders were sent out and the contractor had been chosen.

Borg added that his ministry will continue to allocate EU funds to achieve more sustainable infrastructure across the country.

  • don't miss