The Malta Independent 26 June 2022, Sunday

22,000 elderly people have taken second Covid-19 booster dose

Tuesday, 17 May 2022, 16:37 Last update: about 2 months ago

A total of 22,000 people over the age of 65 have taken the second Covid-19 booster dose, said Minister for Health Chris Fearne on Tuesday.

Answering a parliamentary question by PL MP Deo Debattista, he said that up until Sunday the total of elderly who had taken the latest booster dose was 20,000 but that this had increased since.

ADVERTISEMENT

He added that there are still appointments which need to be scheduled.

The second booster dose has been available for those over 65s since May 2.

“This will continue to provide further protection” he said.

He added that the response from those receiving the appointments has been good so far.

“I encourage those who have received their appointment to not miss it,” he said.

Fearne said that those who for some reason have missed can still receive their fourth vaccine dose by fixing another appointment.

  • don't miss