The Malta Independent 16 November 2018, Friday

Formula 1: McLaren signs British teenager Norris to replace Vandoorne

Monday, 3 September 2018, 16:46 Last update: about 3 months ago

British teenager Lando Norris will drive for Formula One team McLaren next year in place of Stoffel Vandoorne.

McLaren says it has signed the 18-year-old Norris to a "multi-year" deal.

Norris has been the team's reserve driver and has taken part in practice sessions in Belgium and Italy.

He says "although I've been part of the team for a while now, this is a special moment, one I could only hope would become reality."

Norris, who is currently second in standings in the Formula 2 feeder series, will partner with Carlos Sainz Jr. The 24-year-old Sainz Jr. was announced last month as the replacement for Fernando Alonso, who is leaving F1 at the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • don't miss