The Malta Independent 23 August 2026, Sunday
View E-Paper

Manwel Dimech Bridge: Roads Ministry, GRTU closer to solution

Malta Independent Thursday, 29 November 2007, 00:00 Last update: about 20 years ago

The Roads Ministry yesterday said there seemed to be a solution that was acceptable to both the government and the commercial community of Paceville and St Julian’s in view of the situation created by the rebuilding of Manuel Dimech bridge.

The commercial community has said it has suffered loss of custom because patrons were avoiding going to their area because of the bridge works, and called for relief over the Christmas period.

The situation was discussed between Roads Minister Jesmond Mugliett and representatives of the commercial community, led by GRTU director general Vince Farrugia.

The ministry said alternatives which the GRTU suggested at the meeting had been accepted and further details would be announced shortly.

  • don't miss