The Malta Independent 26 November 2022, Saturday
View E-Paper

PN files judicial protest for investigation into €25m contract for cancer treatment facility

Tuesday, 4 October 2022, 14:42 Last update: about 3 months ago

The Nationalist party has filed a judicial protest requesting the Court to ask the Director of Contracts to investigate a contract involving millions of euros for a cancer treatment facility.

In a press conference, PN spokesperson for Transport and Capital Projects Adrian Delia, and PN spokesperson for Gozo Alex Borg, said that the PN had no other choice but to resort to taking action in court, after the party received no answer to a letter it wrote to the director last month.

ADVERTISEMENT

The PN said that the Director of Contracts was obliged to investigate whether the tender is expected to be awarded in a fair and legal manner, but he has not accepted this request so far.

It said that it has asked for an investigation to see if the process for the tender is one which favours the person who won the contract, as well as if it favours the treatment for cancer. The PN said that time cannot be lost.

The tender will be worth around €25 million, more than double the original estimate of €12 million.

  • don't miss