The Malta Independent 12 July 2024, Friday
View E-Paper

80-year-old in danger of dying after gas explosion in Swieqi

Sunday, 23 June 2024, 09:49 Last update: about 19 days ago

An 80-year-old man suffered life threatening injuries in an explosion which likely caused by a gas leak in a garage in Swieqi.

Police said that the incident happened at around 7am on Sunday in a garage in Triq Qantar in Swieqi.

The man, who lives in Swieqi, suffered burns after an explosion which police said was likely caused by a gas leak.

The victim was given first aid by a medical team before being rushed to Mater Dei Hospital where he was certified as suffering from serious injuries.

Members of the Civil Protection Department were on the scene to assist.

Magistrate Antoine Agius Bonnici is leading an inquiry while police investigations are ongoing.

  • don't miss