The Malta Independent 20 August 2026, Thursday
View E-Paper

Government finalises 10-year concession agreement with Eden Leisure for running of casino

Tuesday, 30 December 2014, 15:49 Last update: about 13 years ago

The government has finalised and signed a 10-year concession agreement with Eden Leisure Group tied to the running of a casino.

The government said in a statement that Eden Leisure Group was identified as the favourite bidder following a competitive process which started on 31 July last year and which was led by the privatisation unit.

Minister for the Economy Chris Cardona said that this agreement continues to convey the government’s message that it is ready to continue to work endlessly to ensure the economy continues to grow.

The government, he said, has also invited the second favourite bidder, Dragonara Gaming Ltd, to enter negotiations with it so that a license will be eventually granted for the running of a second casino.

 

 

  • don't miss