The Malta Independent 22 August 2026, Saturday
View E-Paper

The Case of the Vanishing Manifesto

Malta Independent Sunday, 16 May 2004, 00:00 Last update: about 13 years ago

He claimed that references to the EU enlargement being a success were left out of the Maltese version published in Kullhadd.

A couple of hours later, Labour leader Alfred Sant said Dr Gonzi had been “ill-informed” since the Labour Party had published the PES manifesto in its entirety in both Maltese and in English.

The Labour Party also re-distributed to the journalists present at Dr Sant’s press conference a copy of the Maltese version of the PES manifesto.

Labour Party sources told The Malta Independent on Sunday that the version published in Kullhadd had been edited due to lack of space in the paper.

However they insisted that the press had been given the entire version yesterday week, in Maltese as well as in English.

  • don't miss