The issue, hitherto the subject of an exchange of letters and threats of action, was thrashed out in the House Business Committee on Tuesday.
Opposition whip Joe Mizzi said he had been approached by the Xarabank team who asked to interview Dr Alfred Sant in the corridors of Parliament.
No permission is needed to do this, but Mr Mizzi informed both the Clerk of the House and the Speaker.
However, as Mr Mizzi put it, the cameraman, the interview over, followed Dr Sant when he entered the House, crossed the floor and sat down.
Innocent stuff, perhaps, but filming in the House is not allowed unless there is specific permission to do so.
Seeing this, the Clerk of the House, Richard Cauchi, promptly wrote to the chief executive officer at PBS, Andrew Psaila, ordering him (and Xarabank) not to use this clip.
At the meeting of the House Business Committee, both the government side and the Opposition, as well as the Speaker, commended Mr Cauchi’s action, as he was following the rules and implementing them.
Leader of the House Tonio Borg said this was a slight incident, caused, as Mr Mizzi said, by a misunderstanding. It was agreed that the committee write to PBS delivering a mild reprimand regarding what happened, but also allowing PBS (which had meanwhile replied that the offending clip would not be broadcast on Xarabank) to broadcast the clip.