The Immigration Police have deported three foreign nationals from Malta following successful forced return operations, police authorities said in a statement Wednesday.
Among those deported is a 36-year-old Macedonian national who attempted to breach a multi-year Schengen Zone entry ban, the police said.
The police stated that "last February, the man was issued a Removal and Return Order by the Principal Immigration Officer after being found guilty of offenses related to domestic violence and misuse of mobile equipment, among others."
Following his initial deportation, he was barred from re-entering Malta and the wider Schengen area. However, the man attempted to re-enter Malta via the airport in April, where border officials and immigration police intercepted him. He was held at a detention centre until his forced removal was finalised.
In separate cases, two North African men who had previously entered Malta irregularly by sea were also deported. The police noted that "they had applied for protection, which application and appeal were not accepted because they did not qualify for protection."
One of the men was apprehended during an enforcement inspection, while the second was arrested in Xemxija by the Roads Policing Unit during a routine traffic check.
All individuals were held by the Detention Services Agency until their deportations were carried out.